Exchange 2013 comes up with some good features and also have reduced some of the roles like Hub-transport, Edge Server , better integration with SharePoint & Lync, E-discovery and many more let check out the deployment process.
To deploy exchange 2013 you must have a supported operating system (such as Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows Server 2012), have enough disk space, be a member of an Active Directory domain.
In this blog im going to install exchange 2013 using setup wizard , we can also install by using unattended installation mode
Prerequisites for windows 2012 server
If we have mailbox server role on a separate server
- Open Windows PowerShell.
- Run the following command to install the required Windows components.
Install-WindowsFeature AS-HTTP-Activation, Desktop-Experience, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation
We need to install the following Pre-requisites in windows 2012
- Microsoft Unified Communication Managed API 4.0 Core Runtime 64bit
- Microsoft Office filter pack
- Microsoft Office filter pack Service Pack 1
Setup Wizard starts for Exchange 2013.
Malware Protection settings
Exchange Server 2013 anti-malware protection feature which helps combat malware in our email messaging environment
Click Yes to enable malware scanning.
I need to install unified communication managed api and filter pack with sp1
Lets start the Setup as we have completed with all the Pre-requisites
Now we are done we the setup we need to verify our deployment
Post deployment tasks
- During the deployment we need to check the Application logs, system logs from event viewer need to make sure we are not getting any warnings or errors.
- Exchange server create setup logs during the setup process you can find on C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\ExchangeSetup.log
- Setup log file capture each and every task which is performed during the deployment process
Also verify the services are up and running
Its recommend to restart the Server
Now you can see new console to manage Exchange 2013 Exchange Admin Center
Type the following url to access the Admin center https://servername/Ecp
We will check more about Exchange 2013 features in my next blog thanks for viewing it !!!!!! 🙂